HOSPITALITY IN THE FARMHOUSES OF TRENTINO
“The Farmhouses’ offer mainly targets people who love nature, the environment and historic and cultural resources, including gastronomy. the mission of Agritourism in Trentino is not only to offer genuine and high quality products to guests, but also to let them see with their eyes and participate in the process. You know, a cup of fresh milk tastes very good. However, if you drink it after you assisted to the cow milking process, we assure it will be even better. So, why not?
Rural hospitality is a deeply-rooted tradition in Trentino. The Farmhouses there not only offer you accommodation and catering, but also farming activities to enhance your experience in a foreign country. While you are staying in Trentino, you are not just a client, a visitor. You are a waited guest of a family that love you and care for you.
If you want to be more fond of farm life should choose one out of the 50 Farmhouses in Trentino that are also Teaching Farms. This is the perfect occasion to know animals, plants and farmers’ labour directly! The rurality is full of emotions - children will be delighted and adults will find it amazing. The accommodation offer in one out of more than 200 associated Farmhouses will help you to live our reality as you were one of us. We are so proud of and happy to share with you our simplicity, far from everyday life and the touristic pack holidays. Search for the true experience!
A Farmhouse is a treasure chest in which we shield the genuine hospitality values of Trentino: our origins, what make us different and so deeply connected to each other."
Presidente Associazione Agriturismo Trentino
OUR FIGURES (UPDATED IN 2016):
• 458 Farmhouses in Trentino, out of which more than 200 are associated with Agriturismo Trentino
• 121 Didactical Farms, out of which around 50 are associated with Agriturismo Trentino
• Total places for accommodation: 4500 in 345 farmhouses
• Farmhouses restaurants opened to visitors: 183 with total places: 7000
• Farmhouses with tasting service: 168
• Agri-Camping: 12
Actually, the law of reference is the Local Law N°10/2001, entitled “Disciplinary for Farmhouses, strade del vino e strade dei sapori (thematic itineraries on wine and savours)” and its resulting Regulation, which also includes the principal articles of the Law on Agricultural orientation (Law N°228/01). In our Farmhouses today you can:
• Find accommodation in rooms and/or apartments
• Eat traditional dishes in typical restaurants
• Have genuine locally grown products and home-made products
• Buy the products directly in the farm
• Meet the farm’s animals
• See the cultivations and learn rural secrets
• Stay in fabulous spots, like in pictures
• Inspire fresh air and get your needs satisfied.
This is Agriturismo Trentino! We are waiting for you!